Wednesday 25 May 2011

What Else is Happening in the Garden?

Remember the tomato seedlings from this post? Those pics were from back in March - and they didn't look too different through April and May I can tell you now. I brought them outside, I brought them back inside, I put them in the sun, I put them in the shade - they didn't grow. 

At last I got so frustrated I plucked them out of their little trays and put three of them in the veggie patch - I knew I was meant to wait until they'd grown way bigger to transplant but they literally hadn't developed any further leaves for over a month.

Two weeks later look at how well this little one is going!


And Mr Tchotchke planted some supermarket Sebago potatoes a few weeks ago and their shoots are coming up now too. We had some real success with potatoes last year so I hope these ones go forth and multiply.


On the weekend I transplanted the rest of the struggling seedlings into the veggie patch to see if it would spur on some growth also.


Well they haven't been eaten by possums yet - that's a small victory in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...