Tuesday 17 May 2011

Tretchikoff Green Lady Love

Our Tretchikoff print, Miss Wong, has a special spot in our living room - partly because she's so beguiling, and party because it's a miracle she's in one piece.

I spotted her in a ramshackle antique store in Glasgow, and after haggling with the gruff Scottish shop keeper we clung onto her through rush hour on their tiny subway system and then lugged her around the UK for another week before returning to Brisbane. I'm still amazed that the glass frame didn't shatter en route in Mr T's suitcase. 

And here she is - staring down her nose at me on the couch in my uggs watching 30 Rock. I'm pretty sure glamorous Miss Wong would never wear ugg boots.


I spotted another Miss Wong in the below bedroom on Anya Adores, along with a Green Lady. They're lovely with the blue and green linens, but I don't know how I'd feel about waking up to them each morning.

Liza Giles via Anya Adores
This even looks like the exact frame ours is in. And how great is that blue lamp base?

Casper James flickr
Here's a gallery wall full of retro female portraits. I think the large one on the left is a Sara Moon - my Mum used to have a print just like it - mm I wonder what she's done with it?
kimhas7cats flickr
And although the modern reproductions aren't nearly as fun - I'm loving these two murals.

Trailer Happiness via MrBaliHai

Maria Pateraki's Pinterest

Just because they're amongst the world's most popular prints doesn't mean they can't look unique.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Alecia! If you're interested in Tretchikoff, you might like to visit my blog about his art: http://tretchikoff-central.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alecia, I would love to speak with you about reproducing the photograph of your Miss Wong in a feature we are putting together on Tretchikoff interiors for a NY art and aesthetics magazine. Please could you contact me at emma@artbookspublishing.co.uk if interested? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...