Sunday 15 May 2011

Autumn Flowers and the First Camellia

Our camellia bush has been covered in buds so I was so excited to to come across this first bloom today.


This rogue purple orchid has popped up between a tree and some undergrowth.


I think this is another type of orchid - the colour is so vivid an lovely down the side of of house.


And a sure sign that it's getting colder - our poinsettias are blooming! We've got two huge bushes of them but this was the only head low enough for me to photograph.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I see you are a Brissie Gal too. Your flowers are so beautiful. It is exciting when a favourite plant blooms, like your camellia. The third one is an orchid, it is a crucifix orchid,I only know because my Dad used to collect them, they come in many colours and a very rewarding as the bloom well, and grow easily from a piece. Hope you have a lovely week, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine,

    I'm really enjoying your blog - I adore the WAC and will have to check out the Cottage Garden Nursery too after your posts.

    I'm actually very spoiled with all our flowering plants - they were all planted and nutured by the previous owner of our house, we've only been here a year so each season has brought new surprises with different dormant plants coming to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE everything about this flower post! Just beautiful!!

    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...