Wednesday 18 May 2011

Paddington Antique Centre

On Sunday I visited one of the mainstays of the Brisbane Antique scene - The Paddington Antique Centre. 


It's a cavernous big building on Latrobe tce at Paddington that I believe used to be theatre in its former life. I've always loved its tattered yet vivid blue roof. I hadn't visited for a little while and noticed that there was a lot more vintage clothing than I remembered.

This chesterfield wing chair certainly caught my attention - it would definitely match our vintage couch.. 


I loved these bamboo bangles..


And these lovely glossy figurines..


But my pick for the day was definitely this green, hexagonal lamp - I'd switch out the shade and pop it on our sideboard pronto..


And although I can't be parted from my lovely yellow KitchenAid, I used to use my grandmothers Sunbeam Mixmaster and certainly had a soft spot for this vintage pink number.


Sorry this is such a terrible shot but they're having an event this Friday night - more details here.


1 comment:

  1. oh i love paddo antiques! that first image makes my heart skip a beat! may need a wander soon...those dresses are sooooo pretty. you're a proud k'aid owner too? :) i'd go a retro sunbeam too anyday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...