Monday 16 May 2011

Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

It's cookie weather. I can't think of anything better than curling up on the couch in front of a rerun of Grand Designs with a mug of milky tea and a warm cookie.

So when I needed to bring something along to two outings this weekend - I thought I'd whip up a batch.

The last thing I felt like doing on a Saturday afternoon was venturing out to the supermarket, so I surveyed the contents of the pantry and matched them up with this Martha Stewart recipe for Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies.

This are Martha's cookies
Martha's recipe claims it makes only 12 cookies, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't turning up with a skimpy looking plate, so I decided to double her quantities.

I think Martha must make her cookies the size of car tyres - because doubling the recipe almost overflowed my mixing bowl and I soon had a small army of cookies lined up on my benchtop.


When I converted her oven temperature of 300 degrees Fahrenheit to 150 degrees Celsius I was worried that it was too low - but I should have trusted Martha because they came out of the oven looking gorgeous.



And here they are on my pretty tiered platter. I was really chuffed with them - they were lovely and crunchy on the outside - and the buttery maple mix reminded me of primary school birthday parties at the Pancake Manor.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I love this "Martha must make her cookies the size of car tyres" I died laughing. They look really good. Must try soon! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...