Sunday 22 May 2011

More Garden Work: Landscaping Under the Deck

There was more garden work to be done this weekend - the ugly bit of dirt under the deck need some attention.

So off we went to Tingalpa Landscaping Supplies to source some gravel and pavers. I have to say we've been to a few landscaping supply yards over the past few weekends and without a doubt we got the best service at TLS.

Here is there delivery truck dumping half a cubic metre of Brown Gravel (20mm) on our driveway.


Here's the ugly before shot.


We'd bought weed matting and timber edging to keep the grass out and the gravel in - and Mr Tchotchke and my Dad had lots of fun putting it in.

I think my Dad had an episode with an sloping shelf as a child - because everything needs to be 110% level, even and square. I think I get some of my slightly OCD tendencies from him.


And here's the finished area. Its looking so much better now - but still a little bare. I'm considering bringing the stripy deck chairs down to this area and adding some potted plants.. everything's always a work in progress!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to just sit back and survey the progress? Can't wait to see you deck and gravel all jazzed up and accessorised. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to do a follow up article? Would love to know what happens next.

    Amela
    Northampton landscaping supplies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...