Tuesday 1 March 2011

Pappardelle from scratch

So what do we do with all of our eggs?


Usually things get out of hand unless we make a good frittata or omelettes every week - but this week I decided to use up some eggs by making delicious pasta from scratch.

I consulted one of my favourite recipe books -The Silver Spoon for a good pasta dough recipe.




I was lucky enough to get a pasta roller attachment for the KitchenAid for Christmas - and although I'd made lasagne sheets before this was my first time making any other kind.




It's actually amazing how easy it is to use.


I don't have any of the cutting attachments so I hand cut the sheets into pappardelle using a rolling pizza cutter which was easy enough - I think I just need something to hang them off for next time - it was pretty laborious peeling each one off to drop into the pot.

And here is the finished product - with coppa ham, brown mushrooms and ricotta. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...