Thursday 3 March 2011

Sayonara Galliano

Back in 2001 I was given a subscription to Harpers Bazaar and was bowled over by the runway pics from the Dior shows.

I had just started my film degree but was suddenly obsessed with fashion - I took a fashion elective course and I think every second page of my scrapbook was filled with John Galliano's work.

I loved the theatricality of his designs, the mashup of cultures and I would have given my right arm for a Dior Saddle bag.

(c) Harpers Bazaar and Simon Procter

My interests and priorities have changed over the last decade but the accusations and videos that have come to light over the past few days are still incredibly saddening - I hope Galliano gets the help he needs asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...