Monday 6 June 2011

Green Walls

I took this snap at the rear garden area of The Gun Shop Cafe last weekend - it looks like their green wall is made up of plenty of different herbs and nasturtiums in terracotta pots. 


Green walls seem to be a quickly growing trend - especially in corporate offices and restaurants.

Greenwall by Michael Hellgren (Sweden)
But my favourite green walls are the more organic kind - looking back through my travel photos I realised I'm quite prone to snapping foilage covered buildings.

This one is from our honeymoon on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen Mexico.


This one is from a backstreet in Rome.


We snuck into this amazing courtyard garden at one of the colleges in Oxford. They obviously have very dedicated gardeners.


I would have been happy to sit there all day.


This was another building in Oxford. I'm sure the ivy is terrible for the structure but it's just so pretty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...