Thursday 24 February 2011

The Garden

I'd given up hope on this hydrangea plant in the backyard - but look at the shoots that its sending up out of the dead base.


This flower took me by surprise too - before we went overseas last year I'd scattered some seeds and was kind of dismayed when none of them had sprung up on our return. Little did I know that this little gem would pop up four months later.


I started this corn from seed back in January - it's been pretty slow progress since then - I don't think that patch of soil is the greatest. The last dregs of the cucumber vine are in the background.


Ditto with the below pumpkin (right hand side).


Don't you love how our grape vine lives in its own little prison cell? This is for possum protection (though to be honest they've gotten through it in the past).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...