Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Teepee Cake Challenge

It's my darling goddaughter's first birthday party on Sunday - and I've put my hand up to make her a birthday cake.

And since it's a Cowboys and Indians party - I'll be making a Teepee cake!

So of course I've borrowed my mum's well thumbed copy of the Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book.


Because from years of flicking through the pages and ogling all the elaborate designs - I knew that I'd find a Teepee cake amongst the bunnies and princesses.


Aw just as cute as I remembered.

A bit of further Google research has brought up these ones too..

This one is from That's My Cake.


And this one is from a book called 50 Easy Party Cakes by Debbie Brown.


So I've certainly got my work cut out for me... I'm not sure if I'm going to tackle the firm fondant icing - but I'm worried that regular icing will look dodgy if its a hot day... I'll let you know how I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...