Sunday 11 September 2011

My Bridge to Brisbane 2011 Playlist

Mr Tchotchke and I woke up before sunrise this morning to take part in the Bridge to Brisbane fun run. I'm not much of a fun-runner, I'm not much of a fun-exerciser-of-any-kind to be honest, but I remembered the rush of satisfaction I got completing the 10km last year and I was tempted into giving it another shot.

I'd only done a few jogs around the neighbourhood in preparation over the past few weeks so I pretty happy with how I went this morning. 


Here I am grimacing at the finish line. I was careful to have a good stretch this time since last year I really struggled with sore legs all week.

Mr T is much fitter than me and great for encouragement - but what really helps me along is my ipod. There's something about a great up tempo song that can keep you bouncing along when your legs just want to give up. I love looking at other people's playlists - so in that spirit I thought I'd post my own. I think its a pretty good mix - and yes I know there are some pretty embarrassing songs on there so lay off the Britney jabs :) I love her.

Valerie - Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson
A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
Consolation Prizes - Phoenix Womanizer - Britney Spears
Reptilia - The Strokes
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Pork and Beans - Weezer
Candyman - Christina Aguilera
Dog Days Are Over - Florence And The Machine
Gold Digger - Kanye West
Gimme More - Britney Spears
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
Run - Gnarls Barkley
Beat Of My Heart - Hilary Duff
Galvanize The Chemical Brothers
Hung Up - Madonna
4ever - The Veronicas
SOS - Rihanna
Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Stronger - Britney Spears
Heart It Races - Architecture in Helsinki
Hear My Name - Armand Van Helden
Toxic - Britney Spears
Jump'n'Shout - Basement Jaxx
Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
I Bet you Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
Super Disco Breakin - Beastie Boys
Take Me Back To Your House - Basement Jaxx
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Vitriol - Bluejuice
Do Your Thing - Basement Jaxx
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
Hard to Explain - The Strokes
Body Movin' - Beastie Boys
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Tarantula - Pendulum
Get What You Want - Operator Please
Who Do You Think You Are - The Spice Girls
Jump - Madonna
See You At The Lights - The 1990s
Pon De Replay - Rihanna

What am I missing? Do you have any favourite songs to exercise to?

1 comment:

  1. You know what's more embarrassing? The fact that I hardly know any of those songs! I'm such a dag.
    Good on you for doing the run. I could never understand why they are called "fun" runs. I'm not sure what's fun about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...