Wednesday 5 October 2011

Perfect Petals

After the flower failure in my last post it's nice to have some more successful blooms to display. (Although I've decided that roses must be like pancakes - the first one is always a dud).

The below gerbera was a gift last year that I repotted into the below teacup saucer-pot. It promptly shrivelled up and died, and got taken over by various weeds. I'd like to think it was some innate inner gardening know-how that guided me to nurse it back to life - but I simply left it to its own devices over the past few months - and shazam! Up popped these two lovelies.


In other garden news these amaryllis (spent a while googling red trumpet flower bulb to figure out what they were called) have sprung up again - they were quite the surprise last year.


Are you noticing a trend? Why is it all the neglected plants seem to flower beautifully and the ones I dote on behave like spoilt brats?

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous blooms! How fab that they've come back to life. I've always known those red blooms as hipeastrum and they always remind me of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gerberas and we have a few red trumpets at our place too and had no idea they were even in the garden. melx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...