Friday 28 October 2011

Missoni Accomplished

I've always loved colour - and maximalism - in both fashion and homewares, so it's no surprise I'm a big Missoni fan. 

I've been slowly building a little collection of towels and scarves over the years, so I almost wet my pants when I heard about their collaboration with Target in the US.

Of course I wasn't the only one - with their pop up store during New York fashion week being cleared out in an hour, the online sale crashing their website, and items appearing on eBay for astronomical prices.

How gorgeous is Margherita Missoni in their TV ad?



Anyway, despite some serious delays and a bit of a PR disaster (their social media team took a beating on twitter), my online order went through, and with the help of Parcel It On my package arrived today! (Target US don't ship to Australia - and Parcel It On are a package forwarding service that I've used before and can highly recommend!)



That's a lots of zig-zags! (ps - it's not all for me)

My verdict - the towels seem like surprisingly good quality - the cosmetic bags not so much. My favourite was a little zig zag knit dress - as soon as I put it on I had to do a little go-go dance - it's so 60's! I won't be wearing it head to toe like in the ad- mm well not outside the house at least.

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the blue toned towels. It's a pity they don't ship here but good to know a good forwarding company. I was just thinking about using a forwarding company this morning, but couldn't remember the name of the one I signed up with. I might check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That stuff is so cool! Thanks for the parcel it on link . . have wanted to use something like this for ages but always a bit scared! lovT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so we need pictures of you in the dress. It sounds super cute!! Don't you just love it when stuff like this works out.xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...