Wednesday 1 June 2011

Design Muse: Jonathan Adler

I recently purchased Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Accessorizing which has reignited my passion for all things Adler!!


He's certainly partially responsible for popularising the pop brights / palm springs / ethnic clash / print happy / more is more look that I love.

Here are a few of my favourite Adler rooms - 


Hello zig zag rug..


 Hello blue buttoned lounge...



Hello moroccan octagonal table... and creepy Napoleonic bust... and pirate ship chandelier...


I think this mosaic table may be a future DIY project...


When I was in LA last year I was lucky enough to pay a visit to the Jonathan Adler store in West Hollywood - it was amazingly merchandised but the only happy snap I took was of the adorable shop dog Gabe.

Wah I'd love a French Bulldog. I'm not sure what the chooks would make of one though..

3 comments:

  1. Love all the colour. I particularly like the yellow light shade and the awesome blue ball ottoman. For me it's probably a little too much different stuff in one space- kind of reminds me of the Versace Hotel! But I like a generous use of colour and am trying to be braver with my use of patterns. The ship chandelier is just a shocker though. melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there is so much good stuff here..where do I start? Love the rino, the pirate ship, the zig zags, the colour of everything, but if i had to choose just one I think it is the torquise poufe in the second last pic. Why ? I don't know it is just FAB!Hope you are having a super dooper day, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think whenever I have a "is my living room too cluttered/too bright/too overwhelming" moment I'll check in with his book - that first image in particular has a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...