Saturday 3 March 2012

Rot n Roll: Our New Compost Tumbler

These days everyone has a Tumblr. Well I've gone one step further and got one in my backyard. (groan!)

We've persevered with our current compost box for over two years now with underwhelming results, so I didn't feel too guilty splashing out on a whizz bang tumbler when I spotted this one on Deals Direct (sorry for not including a link but I can't find it on their site now?) I've always read amazing claims like "compost in 6 weeks!" on tumblers like this - so I've got high hopes.



It's not actually too horrible looking, which is always a plus. And it seems to be doing a good job so far. The compost is moist, but not smelly.

Here's a sneak peek...


I need it to churn out a load of lovely compost quick smart - I've got a poinsettia on our fence line that needs a growth spurt of another metre to block out our new neighbours from view...

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love having a squizz at compost. I could wax lyrical for hours on the soothing qualities of pitch-forking rotten veges.

    Your tumbler looks very impressive! I think our neighbours wish they could block us from view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about those boxy ones, we have 3 and I'm not sure we've had any decent compost yet. Too difficult to turn.
    I'll be keen to see what you think in a few weeks so please let us know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, cool! I've never even see one at all - now I at least know how they look!!!;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...